Monday 6 April 2009

Going back Home satisfies the soul


Firstly before I begin an apology .

It would seem some people have become annoyed at the grammar and spelling mistakes on this blog for which I apologise.I have now sorted out a web browser that allows me to CHECK all spelling something which most do not so hope the problem no longer arises and now hope you will enjoy reading my posts.

Lancashire Lad .

A weekend back HOME .

This last weekend gave the opportunity to go back once again to the area in which I grew up.The PALATINE Lancashire town of BARROW IN FURNESS will always hold a special place in my heart and this weekend its beauty again stirred and refreshed my soul .

The town took a beating in the late 1980s with the loss of so many jobs in the local shipyards and other places of employment which is one of the reasons I moved back to the area of my birth .

Now when I go back it is a joy to see it fighting back and being a place if circumstances where different I would move back to .

Like most towns the town center is not as busy as it once was but supermarkets and other stores that once shunned the town now thrive in the town which now has a bit of a tourist industry going too which will only get bigger once the new MARINA VILLAGE is built .

Walks I have not done for ages too filled my heart with fond memories .Over ABBOTSWOOD and the local fields to Dalton stopping at the BROWN COW INN for a pint in the spring sunshine and back along the lines (following the railway) back to FURNESS ABBEY where we had parked the car .

It was all to brief a stay yet again but we will be going back again next week as I have to take some of the prints WALLACE TRICKETT he allows me to retail to the NEW ---Laurel & Hardy museum so they can raise some funds and hopeful get my friend Wallace some publicity and work from original painting from the area we both called HOME once .

The pictures are from my PICASA site 

No comments: