Thursday 2 April 2009

I am I right or wrong

A few weeks ago I wrote of my plight to get summart ( Sorry must use the queens English ) done about the illegal parking -( No not putting the wrong ingredients in yer favorite Lancashire cake )

.The picture you can see was taken on a quite WEDNESDAY afternoon around the corner from where I live .

Now you will appreciate that when folks come home from work or attend the church on a Sunday abit further up the street or pick up there little ones from a school also further up the road it gets abit busy around here as it is also a main throughfare that has buses coming up and down it sometime over the legal limit of 30mph

.Now I know I may have a driving instructor looking at this artical as he is a member of another site I have but I always seem to rememberand I hope he will comfirm this , when I took my driving test and READ the highway code that YOU MUST NOT ---Park on the pavement ,in the wrong drirection of the flow of traffic or on a bend or on a junction ---all of which happens around these streets .It always seems that rules are made to be broken and are only enforced when someone is killed or maimed then but then its too late or am I wrong

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TEST POSTING

Linda said...

Well Lancashire Lad this is the theory of it, but as you know in reality few people actually pay heed to the Highway Code when parking.
I live near a school and a few months ago a child was knocked down as the driver couldn't see properly due to illegal parking.
Thankfully, said child was only shaken up.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John Earnshaw said...

I have removed one post as I find it a bit gawling for someone to have a pop and then HIDE behind an Anonymous tag .