Wednesday 1 April 2009

Bringin um home is such a thrill

A walk in to Accrington today brought a bit of pride and pleasure to my face .A short while ago a my former ORIGINAL website LANCASHIRE RE-UNITED offered me not only the friendship of another Barrow in Furness gent WALLACE TRICKETT a respected transport artist(Now living in NEW ZEALAND ) but the chance to sell with his permission prints of original artwork he had produced of Lancashire municipal Buses from days gone bye and other commercial fleets of companies from days gone bye and still in exsistance .Though the site I was a little successful with sales to members of the site and also through e-bay.Now I think it is important that local councils who for what every reason sold off their towns fleets recall the heritage that belongs in there towns .
I sold some of the prints to ACCRINGTONS councils and LANCASHIRE LIBRARY and am now delighted that tey are on sale and on display in the TOWN HALL window( far left of your screen ) .
I have also tried with no avail at the minute to get the local council in BARROW to get interested in a LOCAL LADS work but for now I am so pleased not only to bring abit of ACCY home but to spread the word on a true mate WALLACE TRICKETT
Click on image to view at FULL SIZE

No comments: