Monday 30 March 2009

The Price of a walk


Another fine and Sunny Sunday in Lancashire had me anth wife out in the car and heading for a favored beauty spot for a short walk (couldnt do a long un as mi back wer giving me jip ) Most of the walks me anth missus like doing are around the local ressas like the one shown on last weeks thread as they usually lead to other loverly countryside walks .
Now you could have knocked me down wi a feather tut bottom of owr stairs when we got there ( its at a place called DUNNOCKSHAW Nr Burnley by the way ) as sin owr last visit the powers that be have put a car park ticket machine on said car park and as it takes a couple of hours to walk around it costs 3 quid fert pleasure of some good clean air .
Now I don't mind paying my way in life ---BUT do I and countless others not pay for the upkeep of said ressas and supply of gods own water though our WATER RATES .Give us a break owd lad---There again I will in future just park on the roadside as thats FREE COCKER --There again they might put turnstiles up next a the entrances to these walks --Wouldn't purrit passed um .

No comments: