Monday 23 March 2009

Buzzes are nowt like the owd days


I have a bit of an affinaty wi buzzes as mi dad wer a driver with the owd Barrow Corporation Transport Department and as a lad I used to get free travel on buzzes he wer driving --Now back to queens English.
Many of you will remember the old fleets in your towns with the old platformed double deckers and jumping on or off while they where moving .
Its now a long way removed from the old smoky buses of the past as on my travels around Lancashire I notice more and more new fleets of brand new buses(pictured TRANSDEV --Burnley & Pendle MAINLINE service to Barnoldswick ) .Many are air conditioned with CCTV and suspensions a few cars would be glad off .Where I live buses can be caught to anywhere in Lancashire and 2 people can travel to Manchester for £9.50 return .I often think about hopping on a bus but somehow the old memories of days gone by seem to stop me as somehow there isn't the romance and excitement of an old D/D and jumping on or off

No comments: